If you feel under pressure this is the one book you should read.
How do you respond to stress? How can you recognise it? How does it affect your health and well-being? Above all, what can you do about it?
Stress Management has all the answers. It offers a huge range of practical steps you can take to reduce stress, leaving you to choose which method seems most appropriate for you and best suits your temperament and lifestyle.
The authors of this amazingly comprehensive and supremely practical book believe that if you can identify the cause of your stress, you can learn to channel the tension into a positive source of energy that will help you take charge of your life and enjoy it.
You will learn:
– How stress manifests itself
– Where it comes from
– How to start managing it
– Techniques of relaxation
– How to overcome your own special stressors
– How to rechannel your stressful behaviours, thoughts and attitudes
– How to control anger and anxiety
– How to be assertive
– How to use time management
– How to improve your health and nutrition
– How to make it all work for you.
With detailed exercise programmes for each method, this immensely readable book by two doctors who are experts in stress management provides in a single, well-organised volume the key to a fuller, happier and healthier life.
“Certainly ranks as the most comprehensive self-help manual on the subject”